Thursday 14 December 2017

Thursday.

This morning I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and made a mushroom and sweet pepper omelette for my breakfast. I packed a flask of bovril and 2 cheese and tomato sandwiches, a banana and a bottle of water. I made the bed, dressed etc and went to work. I had to go with Andy and pick and bunch 12 dozen bunches of carrots and 2 dozen purple ones. We also had to have 4 boxes of loose carrots. When we started at 8am it was freezing and we had to keep banging our hands and feet to try to get them warm. By the time we had finished that lot it was past 10 so we had our coffee break. After that I had to walk back to the sprouts and pick 3 and a half sacks. That warmed me up nicely. Andy picked them and me up and we had our lunch. I then had to walk back again and trim leeks. I had done 2 boxes when Andy joined me he said we had to have 5 boxes and after that 6 boxes of parsnips and a few more loose carrots. It all took till 3.30 so we just had time to wash and pack everything before I left off at 4. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath, I washed my hair and cooked a spaghetti bolognese for dinner. We had stewed apple again for pudding. I have to work again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment