Sunday 10 December 2017

Sunday.

I got up at 6.40, I had been awake for a while but I thought I would hang on in bed till H had made the pot of tea. It was just right when I came down. We had our breakfast, I had porridge,
H had toast. We had a coffee and I knitted a few rows before dressing and making the bed. It’s a horrible day, pouring  with rain and below freezing! Lots of places have snow and if all our rain had been snow I think we would have been snowed in!! I decided to get a bit of exercise by riding on H’s turbo. I rode for 1 hour and 32 minutes. I did 28.2 miles and managed to do 18.2 in the first hour. It’s the longest turbo ride I have done so far. I had a shower when I had done and we had our lunch, soup and a mince pie with a cup of coffee. As soon as we had finished we got ready and went to the hospital to visit H’s brother Philip. We were the only 2 visitors he had round his bed which made a nice change and we left before any others arrived. He had  others before we arrived. He seems cheerful enough but he doesn’t know how ill he is. When we got home we had a mug of tea and H went up for a bike ride and I started a new book.(The Book of Dust) by Philip Pullman. I put the meat in the oven, we are having pork for a change with cabbage, carrots and potatoes. I have made some stuffing and of course, gravy. I will be watching S C D results this evening and then the last one of I’m a celebrity. Tomorrow I have to work and I won’t be looking forward to that because I have just seen the forecast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment