Monday 11 December 2017

Monday.

I got up at 5.55, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast, I dressed, made the bed, packed 2 cheese and cucumber sandwiches, a tomato, a banana, my bottle of water and a small flask of bovril. I wrapped up nice and warm and went to work. It was a dreadful day we were all wet and cold and kept getting stuck in the mud. By 10 am I was wet through to the skin all down one side and I was frozen. The boss then gave me a new waterproof jacket and trousers . I soon dried out and felt much better. The big problem we had was getting stuck in the mud. We almost lost our wellie boots no end of times and I am exhausted with all the energy I used just trying to walk. By 3.15 we had done everything that was needed for today, we had so much rain and hail we couldn’t get a tractor onto the land so my boss said I could go home. I hope it’s dried out a bit before I have to go again on Thursday. For dinner tonight we had burgers,mushrooms,beans,eggs and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment