Wednesday 27 December 2017

Back to work. I

I was up at. 5.25, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed 2 tomato sandwiches and a bottle of water, made my bed, dressed and went to work. The weather was really dreadful, all 3 of us had to trim leeks and the state of the field was unbelievable, we were constantly stuck in the mud. We went down at 10 o’clock, I walked down to warm myself up. When I got to the yard, the boss said I could go home if I wanted. Well he didn’t have to tell me twice, I was in the shed, coat, plastic trousers, gloves and wellies off, shoes on and I was in my car and engine on before the tractor had entered the yard. I waved a quick goodbye,and shouted ‘happy new year’ out of the window before my boss could change his mind. When I got home my son and husband were so pleased to see me, it made my day. I ate my sandwiches for my lunch I made H a bacon butty and son an omelette. This afternoon our other son and his wife came round to tea. They both had a ride on H’s turbo trainer, just trying it out. We had a nice tea, turkey, ham, pork pies, salad etc etc. They left around 7pm and no2 son got ready to drive back to London. When he was ready to leave he found his windscreen had frozen over, it’s turned so cold. I am now going to watch Little Women, it was my favourite book when I was a little girl, that and Black Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment