Monday 18 December 2017

Monday.

I got up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had a slice of toast for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed 2 corned beef sandwiches with brown sauce for my lunch and also a flask of bovril and a bottle of water. I made the bed, dressed, sorted my bag and went to work. As soon as the boss saw me he said he wouldn’t have me in tomorrow because it was going to be foggy and freezing so it wouldn’t be nice out there for me. I had to pick 36 bunches of carrots and then I was on leeks till 12.30. We all had our lunch then washed and packed the leeks. When we had finished there was nothing else for me to do so I came home (2.30). When I arrived back my house was empty! H was out on his bike, I got the washing in( still wet) and made a pot of tea. He was surprised to see me when he got back. We had a bath and I cooked dinner. We had cod with new potatoes, leeks, carrots and cabbage. I have to go to work again on Wednesday, I hope we are a bit more busy then and I can work a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment