Monday 4 January 2021

Monday

I got up at5.30, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I had 2 fried eggs for breakfast. I packed a slice of cheese and some cucumber for my break plus a banana and a bottle of water. When H got up I went up and dressed, made the bed and then relaxed till it was time for me to go to work. What a day to pick to go back! The boss said we were really busy.The weather was awful, we had just about everything all in one morning. Sun, wind, hail, snow, rain, plus freezing temperatures. I had to do 60 bunches fitst and then go to leeks. The men joined me on leeks after they had done ann the greens. When we had enough to get the boss out on his first round. We washed the bunched carrots and were putting the leeks over the washer when it broke! We had to go and have our break and after we started on the second list. I had to do another 49 bunches of carrots while the men did 5 boxes of parsnips.We did 6 boxes of loos carrots. ( the deer have nibbled the tops of hundreds of carrots over the Christmas break and done loads of dammage.) We all went to leeks after that and trimmed 11 boxes before it was my home time. When I got home I was frozen. H made me a cup of coffee and I relaxed in the warm. H and son have done a bit of clearing up in the garage while I was at work. We gad a cup of tea and our baths. For dinner we had salmon, baked potatoes and baked beans. when I had eaten mine I went up for my soaps. I havent watched any of them over Christmas so now I am playing catch up. Ihave to work again on wednesdey.

No comments:

Post a Comment