Friday 21 August 2020

Friday

I got up at 5.30 and i was feelng better so i had my breakfast and packed my lunch. I dressed ready to go and then read mu book till it was time to leave. First I had to pick 5 boxes of tomatoes, they are little sungold tomatoes so there are 350 plus in each box. I picked them as fast as I could becaue with the strong winds the glass was cracking and groaning, it was quite scary. When I finished Ihad to find the men and join them. They were just driving to the beetroot. We had to have 30 bunches of golden ones and when they were done then went down to wash them and have their break ans i sat on an upturned box in the middle of the field in a gale to have mine! AT ONE POINT MY LUNCH BOX BLEW AWAY!When I had done Icut 60 pieces of string because i had to pick 60 bunches of purple beetroot. Later Andy joined me but Andrew had gone to do a gardening job. when they were finished Andy left and i spent the rest of the motning weeding. Ifinished weeding the parsnips and now i have started on a bed of beetroot.When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a hot cross bun and a banana. We had quiche for dinner with potato wedges and grilled tomatoes, after tipping point, we had our baths and I washed my hair. This evening our no 2 son is coming home for the weekend.I am at work again on Monday, Andy is on holiday next week so I will be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment