Sunday 16 August 2020

A very disappointing day

i had a good nights sleep and didnt get up till 7 oclock. I put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea. I had my usual breakfast of eggs and courgettes and checked my phone to see when our promiced rain was coming. The goal post kept moving through the day! Our garden is so dry and every day they say it will rain but it never does.We had a coffee and H got ready to ride 100k on the turbo trainer. We decided not to go out for a road ride because of the promised rain, its no fun riding in the wet. When H went upstairs I made some coconut and choc chip buns and a loaf of bread. I took some chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight and went outside to clear up rubbish in the garden. Still no rain. When H finished his ride i got us both a coffee and fried us a pan of tomatoes for lunch. It went a bit dark so i got my washing in but I need not have bothered because it didnt rain. I sat and read a book, had a bath and cooked dinner. We had chicken with runner beans and potatoes. Our yesterdays outing was nice, a BBQ at hubbys brother and his wife. Hs sister and her husband were there as well. The food was good snd it was nice to catch up with all the news. They have a lovely home, a barn conversion. Tomorrow i have to work. I planned to watch the cricket highlights at 7 pm but there was only an hour of play today they just said on the news because rain stopped play!

No comments:

Post a Comment