Tuesday 29 May 2018

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.30 had toast and tea for breakfast, dressed, packed my lunch and my bag, made the bed and had time to read a chapter of my book before leaving for work. Nobody wanted anything so I spent all day working in the greenhouse. It was ok to start with but as the morning went on it became hotter and hotter. First I had to de shoot the tomato plants and it took till 10, Andy was sowing seeds. We had our coffee break and then finished seeding the 52 trays, each with 308 seeds in. After that  he and I filled 450 pots, in 350 of them we planted 2 runner beans in to each pot and in the other 100 we planted courgette seeds, 1 to each pot. I just had time to hoe one row of tomatoes before my hometime at one o’clock. On the way home I called at the chicken farm for 2 dozen eggs. When I got home we had a coffee and macaroni cheese for lunch. I was so tired I struggled to stay awake so I had a shower which woke me up a bit. We had fish pie for dinner with grilled tomatoes and a nice cup of tea.   I have to work again on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment