Thursday 9 November 2017

Thursday.

I  got up at 5*40, made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. I had made my salad yesterday so I sat and watched a bit of tv before getting ready to go to work. My boss is in France for a week so Andy had to give us our instructions, my first job was 18 bunches of purple carrots and 72 bunches of orange ones. After that I got half a box of loose beetroot and we went down to wash and pack it and load the van with the first orders for Andrew to deliver. When he left we went back for 4 boxes of loose carrots and a box of parsnips. After we had washed and packed them I picked tomatoes till lunch time. After lunch I had to pick the first sprouts of the season. They are lovely sprouts, really clean and tight but , my goodness they are tight on the stalk and my thumbs ache from pushing them off the plant. After that it was 2 boxes of sprouting broccoli, 3 boxes of swedes, 1 box of celeriac and a box of fennel. We washed everything, sorted the orders etc and it was time for me to go home. I had my usual cuppa and bath then I cooked dinner, we had quiche, corn on the cob and cauliflower. I don’t have to work again till Monday 😊 .

No comments:

Post a Comment