Thursday 15 December 2016

Thursday

Work again, I took my salad, a small flask of bovril and a bottle of water and off I went. First I had to pick 3 large sacks of sprouts and by thr time I had finished I was wet up to my elbows. I then had to work like that for the rest of the day. I had to do 10 dozen bunches of carrots and 3 boxes of loose ones then walk to leeks. I had to stay in the field to eat my lunch and I was annoyed about that! The men drove to the yard and sat in armchairs while I sat on a box in the mud. As I was already wet I got cold and felt miserable for the rest of the day. I trimmed 6 boxes of leeks, we washed them and then I drove to Morrisons where I met my sister in law and we exchanged presents. When I got home I had a cup of tea and then soaked in the bath until I had warmed up. For dinner tonight we had a jacket potato, cod in breadcrumbs and baked beans. I have to work again tomorrow,it's ages since I worked on a Friday, but I leave off at 2 so it's not so bad. I will have to do my weekly shop on Saturday instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment