Thursday 22 June 2017

Thursday

We both got up at 5.30, it was too not to sleep. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I dressed, hung out the washing,packed a salad for lunch with my bottles of water and went to work. I had to pick 150 bunches of radishes first then 70 bunches of beetroot and 10 bunches of golden ones. Then I joined Andrew on spring onions and we had to have 130 of them. We had a massive thunder storm with some giant hail stones but not much rain. We went down for lunch and after that I took the shoots out of 2 rows of tomatoes before the boss called me to go and prick out lettuces into the field and also 2 trays of fennel. It was home time then and my boss said I could help myself to some broad beans which I did and his wife gave me a dozen of her bantam eggs. When I got home I had a cup of tea then a bath before I cooked dinner. Spaghetti bolognese, it was very tasty. I don't have to work again till Monday but I might have to work 4 days next week. H says he doesn't want to go out on his bike tomorrow so I will have a lazy day and just do a bit of housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment