Saturday 10 June 2017

Saturday

 I got up at 6.20, put on a load of washing, had my breakfast, dressed and we went shopping. We unpacked and put everything away and then had a cup of coffee. I hung out the washing and then H said he didn't want to ride on the track today because it had upset his knee a bit yesterday going over the bumps. But he said we could do a road ride! So he changed my knobbly tyres for the smooth ones the bike came with and we went for a ride. H went on his best bike, it was really windy and REALLY hard work!! Our average speed was 16.9 mph. It's a long while since I have been that fast. When we got back we had a corned beef sandwich and an instant coffee. H also had a slice of cake. He poured himself a glass of wine and later he finished the bottle. We sat in the garden all afternoon in the sun. When I came in I had a shower and then cooked dinner, we had paella and some cheese and garlic bread followed by strawberries and a slice of vanilla cheesecake. H rang our son in law and has arranged to go out with him tomorrow for a ride so he has been sorting his bike out and cleaning it etc. I might go for a short ride on my own or I may just sit in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment