Tuesday 17 January 2017

Tuesday.

I stayed in bed till 6.45 this morning so I had a good lie in. H was up and had made a pot of tea. I put on a load of washing and then made my porridge. We had our breakfast,I hung out the washing and we had a nice cup of coffee. H wanted some electronic device from Maplins so I went with him so I could go to the M&S food hall next door. If I was rich I would do all my food shopping there, they have such yummy things. On the way home we went to the insurance centre because it's house and contents time of year. Than I popped into a newsagents for my tele magazine. On arriving home we had another coffee and a packet of potato hoops. H then went up to turbo and I put on a jacket and went outside to fill my garden rubbish bin. I managed to dig up one large shrub that is past it's best then I went to the front of the house,pruned the lavender and began to cut down a wisteria we have growing up the side. I bought 3 in a pack around 16years ago, one died, one is over an arch over the path leading up to the gate at the top of the garden and is a mass of flowers every spring and the third was supposed to be trained, on wires along the side of the house. It started off well and I pruned it religiously but then the wire broke and I also needed another higher up, never got the first replaced or another higher, it's never ever had a single flower on so now it has to go. I have cut off loads of it and H says he will dig it up for me at the weekend. There is no hurry because my bin is full. All this will leave me a nice strip of garden so I am looking forward to going to the garden centre. We had soup for lunch and for dinner tonight we are having M&S pizza with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. My washing hung in full sunshine till 2.15 pm and it's all lovely and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment