Wednesday 25 January 2017

Freezing Wednesday.

I took sandwiches to work today,it was just too cold to even think of salad. I did a load of washing but it was too foggy to hang it out. I trimmed leeks till coffee break with Andy, my boss said when we left the yard, take your lunch with you so, if it's not too cold you can stay up there but I will let you come down for lunch. Well by 10 I was frozen and it was still thick fog so I wend down to sit in the shed with the men. He saw me there but I didn't get told off! Andy and I went back on to leeks just picking 48 bunches of carrots on the way. We went down again at lunch and then I had to walk back again and spend the rest of the day on leeks with the men joining me later in the afternoon. We had eggs, chips, beans and mushrooms for dinner. I am still trying to get warm.
At my parents old house we had a huge garden and my dad used to grow all his own veg. We had a couple of apple trees and also plum trees. We kept pigs chickens and rabbits. I used to climb over the the pigsty fence and ride on the pigs but I couldn't stay on for very long. We used to go to my nannys on one Sunday a month for dinner and tea. She had electricity and it was such a novelty for us 4kids we would beep switching it on and off, on and off, on and off till my nanny would shout at us and make us stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment