Saturday 28 January 2017

Saturday. .

I managed to lay in till 6.35this morning, H was up and had made a pot of tea. I put on a load of washing and made porridge for breakfast. I hung the washing out when it was done and we had a coffee. No 2 son came home last night but as he didn't get here till 11.35pm he didn't get up this morning till 9.20. I made the bed and did a bit of housework and quite a bit of just sitting about. Our daughter has been much more energetic because she and her husband went for a bike ride and did almost 33miles!! For lunch son and I had a salad but H had sandwiches, I bought a gammon joint yesterday so I sliced dome off that for him. We had some with our salad, it was nice. This afternoon i got the washing in, all nice and dry, and sat with a glass of wine watching some cricket on tv. Son has gone to the climbing centre. For dinner tonight we are having sirloin steaks, homemade chips and peas. The steaks are from my butcher and they are the best, they are a really dark red and look ripe. Well we just had dinner and it was delicious, we had pineapple 🍍 for pudding.
Our house we lived in as a child was a ' tied' house and belonged to the farmer my dad did the milk round for. We were surrounded by fields one side and meadows the other and also woods all around. The meadows were fenced off with electric wires to keep the herd of Guernsey cows and the bull in. We used to slip under the wires and take a short cut to school or the shop etc. My brothers used to wait till I was almost through and then push the wires onto me so I got a shock, I hated it so much and they knew this so if I got through they would join hands so one could grab the wire and the other could reach me. I can't believe they didn't mind the shock, it would pass right through them and shock me! At the top corner of one of the fields in the war the airforce set up a search light station and it was manned by American's. One of my Aunties who was single used to take me for lots of walks past there, I was only about 4 years old but I can still remember it and as we walked past they used to call me snowball because I had white blonde hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment