Tuesday 3 January 2017

Tuesday

 Today was my first day at work this year, it wasn't nice. It was very cold and the leeks I had to trim were full of ice. There was also some sad news, my old boss mr. Albert Ward died on New Year's Day, his birthday is the same day as mine (but 17 years earlier ) he was 95.I began working for him 48years ago. I now work for his son, Peter, who took over when his dad retired.
I trimmed leeks till 12 o'clock when the men loaded them and me onto the trailer and we went to the yard to wash and pack them. We had our lunch, I took 2 hard boiled eggs and 2bananas. After that we went back to the leeks and trimmed loads more and also pulled up and bunched 3dozen bunches of carrots. We came back down at 3.30, just in time to wash and pack what we had done. As soon as I got home I had a bath which warmed me up and then we had scrambled eggs on toast for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment