Thursday 26 January 2017

Freezing Thursday.

I got up at 6.15, put on a load of washing and had my porridge. I hung the washing out and we had a coffee. H went up at 10 to ride a race on his turbo trainer and I defrosted the freezer. At 12.15 I went up for a short ride on the trainer. I did 14 miles and then got lunch, turkey sandwiches with a pickled onion and some gherkins washed down with a glass of beer. For dinner we had a quiche with mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.
My mothers mum was one of 4 girls and my mum had a sister. So I think my mum just assumed, after having me and finding she was pregnant again that she was having another daughter. I was almost 3 when my mum sat me down and told me I was having a baby sister. I was so excited, it was what I had always wanted. A few weeks later my auntie came round and took me out for the day and when we got back my dad called me into their bedroom and said 'come and look at your baby brother'.! I was disgusted! I said ' I don't want a brother, you told me I was getting a sister, send him back. It was horrible, my mum had always wanted a boy and John was a perfect and placid baby.( I think i was a pain ,wouldn't eat didn't sleep etc etc.) mum then had the cheek to have another 2 boys after that, rubbing salt in the wound. When i was young i hated them all, they would never let me join in any of their games and were always playing tricks on me. Things on tops of doors that would fall on my head when I opened them, drawing pins on my chair, hiding my teddy, the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment