Sunday 1 October 2017

The first of October went off with a bang for me !!!!

I got up at 6 and put on a load of washing, it was raining. Then I made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. A little later H made us a coffee and then he went up to ride a race on Zwift. I swept and washed the kitchen floor and then the downstairs toilet. Well in there we had an old water softener, it was all wired in but doesn't work any more so I went up and asked H if I could take it out because it looked messy, he said yes so I came down, found my garden snips and simply cut through the wire. Well there was a terrific bang and a flash with flames and sparks and all our power went off! H had been riding for over an hour and was doing well then he lost it all!!! ( I didn't get shouted at too much! ) It took H ages to sort it all out. I made some bread rolls and we had one with corned beef and a cup of coffee for lunch. I sat and knitted for most of the afternoon and for dinner tonight we had sirloin steaks, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, onions, a fried egg and a roll. It's work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment