Wednesday 11 October 2017

Wednesday.

I was up at 5.30, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I had made my salad yesterday so I just had to add some cheese. I dressed, made the bed, hung out the washing and went to work. First of all we planted 6 trays of cabbages, it's our last planting for this year. It didn't take long and it was 150 dozen cabbages. After that I had to do 96 bunches of carrots and 16 purple ones. Then I went weeding, first I wed an onion bed but Andy came to take me to the yard where I had to lay out all the carrots so Andy could wash them and I packed them into boxes ready for our customers. We had our lunch and went back up the field to trim and box 5 boxes of turnips. After that I went back to the weeding, finishing the onions and starting on the leeks which are full of nettles. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a nice soak in the bath. For dinner tonight we had chicken in breadcrumbs with potatoes , cauliflower and beans. I don't have to work till Monday so it's a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment