Monday 17 August 2015

Work top day

This morning I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast, I couldn't make up my mind wether to have marmite or jam on my toast so I had half a slice of each. I packed my cucumber sandwiches and got ready to go to work. I am having all my new worktop's fitted today so I am glad I will be out of the way. I had to pick 75 bunches of radishes, 24 bunches of carrots, 30 bunches of beetroot and 281 bunches of spring onions. There was 2 of us on the onions so we finished all this by 12.15. I had to spend the rest of the day in the glasshouse and, boy, was it hot in there! I drank 2 pints of water. I picked 13 boxes all with over300 tomatoes in each and another part box before home time. I still have still got loads more to do. When I got home the tops had arrived but not till this afternoon so the 2 workmen took all the old tops out and got as far as they could but then had to hang about waiting. They are still here at the moment but will be leaving soon and will have to come back tomorrow. As we have no gas we are having a chicken salad for dinner tonight. I am keeping well away from the kitchen at the moment I only get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment