Sunday 23 August 2015

Sunday

Today the plan was for our daughter and son in law to come round at about 9.30 and we were all going to cycle to Wells next the sea. They are both in their 40s and we are in our late 70s so when we all began they gave us a 6 minute start.well it was gale force winds but right behind us all the way. We had done about 18 miles when they caught us and we had been going 17.3 mph. When we arrived at Wells the chip shop had been open around 5 minutes. We sat on the harbour wall with cod,chips and a can of shandy each, very nice. On the way home it was awful,the wind was so strong and the route is so hilly I began to wonder if I would make it home. When we did get back I kept getting cramp in both my legs and it's really painful. We had a cheese and beetroot sandwich with tomatoes for tea and now I am laying flat and won't do any more tonight but I have made a nice loaf of bread since I have been home. The whole round trip was about 65 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment