Sunday 2 August 2015

Busy Sunday

This morning after breakfast I did 2 loads of washing and hung it out, made some choc chip buns, put on a loaf of bread, picked some chives and made a nice potato salad. Then I decided to make some jam. So, first I got on my mountain bike rode into the country to find some ripe Myra bellas ( wild plums). When I got back I washed them weighed out 3 lbs and cooked them. Then I added 2 1/2 lbs of sugar brought it all to the boil stirring all the while so the sugar melted without burning. Then I simmered it for around 15 to 20 minuite's. Meanwhile I heated my jam jars in the oven. I then poured the jam into the jars, job done. The recipe says equal weight of fruit and sugar but we like our jam to be a bit sharp, I have tried it and it's delish'. When it's almost cooked the pips rise to the top and I spooned most of them out but there is always the odd one that gets away. We had a Bar B Q this evening ( sausages and ribs ) with sealed. ......work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment