Friday 28 August 2015

Friday

We shopped this morning and I spent £65.55 ,this is a record for me my cheapest week ever. After we had put averything away etc. we had a quick coffee and changed to go out on our bikes. 
On the way home from the hospital yesterday I noticed a damson tree at the side of the road. So we cycled there first because H wanted me to make him some jam. They weren't quite as ripe as I would have liked so we went to look for some blackberries to go with them. We also picked a few Myra bella's to pop in. When we arrived back home we had cheese on toast for lunch and I washed and prepared the fruit. 3 lbs fruit and 3 lbs sugar and that's it, no water. I slowly cooked the fruit stirring so they didn't stick or burn. When fruit is cooked add sugar, stir till its dissolved and then boil for around 10 minutes till if a little is dropped on a saucer it forms a skin. Leave to stand for 30 mins, warm jars in oven and pour in jam. I scooped as many fruit stones out as I could but there are a few left in the jam. It really tastes delicious. H will have it on his toast and peanut butter. For dinner we had bacon, eggs, mushrooms,tomatoes and bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment