Monday 13 March 2017

Work.

I got up at quarter to six and put on a load of washing before eating a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to trim leeks till the men came to get me. I had done 6 boxes. They took me to the rhubarb bed, and we did 2 boxes of that for them to take away before coffee break. I then had to do 11 more boxes of rhubarb and I was on the last box when the men came back. We all went down to the yard together and had lunch. After that I had to plant 8 huge long rows of broad beans, I had done 4 when Andy joined me and then we did 2 each. We both then walked to the leeks and joined Andrew to trim some till it was time to go back to the rhubarb for one more box. There was just time to wash the leeks before it was home time. I haven't got to go again until next Monday. My cup of tea was waiting for me when I got home. I have a very sore hand, there were over 300 beans in each row, the ground was hard and each bean is planted with a trowel. For dinner tonight we had baked beans, potatoes, bacon, mushrooms and 2 fried eggs. ( I forgot to get anything out of the freezer this morning ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment