Sunday 26 March 2017

Sunday

When I went to bed last night I loaded the washing machine and showed H how to turn it on if he was up first. When I got up the washing was done so I stripped the bed and put on a second load. I had toast for breakfast and H made me a coffee. No 1 son rang to wish me happy Mother's Day and said he would come round in the afternoon. I hung all the washing out, 2 lines full! I spent a bit of time messing about in the garden and we had soup and a hot cross bun for lunch. In the afternoon H came outside and helped to sieve some of a huge heap of soil we have on our patio. It's full of white grubs which we kill, they live on roots and are the reason our front lawn looked a mess last year, it looks better now. Our son came round after he had walked his dog. He brought me a nice present, it's a large jar with heart shaped lights inside, it has a handle so it can be hung up if you wish. We all had a coffee and a slice of cake and when he left I put a steak and onion pie in the oven and went up for a bath. First my daughter contacted me on FaceTime from New York and showed me round their apartment, wished me h p Mother's Day etc. and as soon as we had finished talking no 2 son did the same from Greece. So I have had a nice day. We had cauliflower and mashed potatoes with our pie, i did too much and we are still both too full. It's work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment