Thursday 23 March 2017

Thursday

I put on a load of washing,had my breakfast, packed my lunch made the bed, dressed, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to pick 28 bunches of spring onions first, I forked them all up but they are so full of weeds they were hard to untangle. Next I went to the greenhouse where I filled 16 trays with peat, watered them and began to seed them. I had only done 2 trays ( 616 seeds ) when Andy came to tell me an order had come in for 10 boxes of rhubarb so we had to pick that first. When that was done he went off to deliver it and I went back to my seeds. I did 3 trays of cos lettuce,3 trays of flat lettuce, 2 trays of oak leaf lettuce 1 tray of lolla Rossa, 2 trays of fennel, 1 tray of some little salad leaf that I can't spell and 4 trays of leeks. Each tray has 308 seeds. When they were all finished I had to pack up leeks till hometime. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath then I cooked dinner. We had cod in bread crumbs, potato wedges, mushrooms, purple sprouting broccoli and carrots. It was nice.
Today is our daughters birthday, she is half a hundred!! We have loved every year we have had her, happy birthday......

No comments:

Post a Comment