Monday 6 March 2017

My only day at work this week.

 Because I was working today I woke up every hour of the night, I gave up trying to sleep in the end and got up just before 5am. I took a salad and my water and hoped it wouldn't rain before I left off at 4 pm. Well today was a bit different from my usual Mondays, first I didn't have to bunch carrots and went straight to leeks. I was there till 12 when Andy came to collect my leeks and me. We had to go down to the rhubarb patch and pick a box of rhubarb, my first of the season. After lunch we washed and packed my leeks and then I was sent to the greenhouse to fill 24 trays and 50 pots with peat.when they were filled and watered I began to seed them. I had to put 3 broad beans in each pot and then start little seeds. First 300 tomatoes and then cabbages I had time to sow 616 cabbage seeds before it was my hometime. We had left over chicken for dinner tonight, with a glass of leftover wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment