Sunday 7 February 2016

Sunday

I was up just after 7 this morning so a nice lay in. It was a nice sunny day here but pretty chilly, with the usual strong wind. H was riding a virtual race at 11am so didn't want to go out on his bike. He said I could either go out on my own or wait for him and he would go out with me in the afternoon. I knew if I waited till later I wouldn't go so I went for the third option which was to have a virtual ride myself. I was ready at 8.30 and rode for exactly 1 hour and managed to ride 18 miles. It was really hard and when I finished my legs were so wobbly I could hardly stand. I felt better after a shower. When I had dressed I just sat and knitted till H had finished his ride, then I made corned beef sandwiches and a drink for lunch. Then, as I am hooked on knitting at the moment, I sat and did it all afternoon. The little jacket is coming along nicely and I am up to the armholes on both fronts and the back, I have finished one sleeve up to the top and am half way up the other one. I have given up for today now because my fingers are stiff. For dinner we are having pork, carrots, cabbage and mashed potato. I am off to work tomorrow but I have got the rest of the week off so I hope to do something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment