Thursday 11 February 2016

Another nice day

I spent half of last night coughing, so when I got up I had a really sore throat. I had porridge for my breakfast with a big mug of tea and a little later a cup of coffee.  My throat began to feel better after all the fluids so I dressed and hung out the washing. H and I then went into the garage, emptied 3 big wall cupboards we had in there, put them in the car and took them to the City dump. Our garage is in a terrible state, it's so full of junk it's impossible to move. I am trying to get H to throw things away so we can see the floor. He has an enormous work bench in there and doesn't work at it any more so I have persuaded him to cut it up and get rid of it. I made some soup for lunch which was nice. After I had eaten mine I sew up my knitting and then went outside and worked in the garden for an hour and a half to make up for the fact that we didn't go out on our bikes. It was too cold this morning when we should have gone and I didn't fancy gasping in that freezing air with my sore throat. We had a lovely dinner, steak, chips, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a slice of bread crisped up in the oven and dripping with butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment