Saturday 21 February 2015

Sat 21 St

Today didn't start well!! I heard H get up so I thought I would hang on a bit so he had made the tea and sliced the bread etc. but when I came down and poured my tea he had only left me half a cup in the pot. I made myself a bowl of porridge and then managed to tip half of it over one of his Spanish text books.(H is learning Spanish) . By the time I had cleaned it up my half cup of tea was cold and so was my half bowl of porridge. He then got ready to go out with son in law for a long ride. When they left I had a slice of toast and marmite because I was still hungry. It was lovely and sunny so I dressed in my cycle gear and was going to go for a long ride ending up at the chicken farm because I wanted some eggs. I locked up, got my bike walked up the path, unlocked the gate, went through, locked the gate and the sun went in and it was freezing. I cycled up the road into a howling wind and thought " blow this for a lark ", took the short cut to the eggs and straight home again. H did 60 odd miles. However it got better from then on, we had a nice lunch, I read my book for a couple of hours and then we dressed ready to go to my middle brother and sister in laws for dinner. We had a lovely meal and a really nice evening catching up with all the family gossip. For dinner we had prawn cocktail to start, posh fish pie was the main dish which had prawns, salmon, cod and smoked haddock in with sugar snap peas, cauliflour, broccoli and carrots, and for desert it was either fresh fruit salad or raspberry and apple crumble with custard, cream or ice cream. There were loads of nibbles and dips, wine and beer, chocolates and coffee. We both enjoyed our evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment