Sunday 3 May 2015

Wet Sunday

This morning I made a loaf of bread and then a fruit cake. I did a load of washing but couldn't hang it out because there was a bit of rain about. We watched the tour of Turkey,cycle race and later the tour of Yorkshire in the rain. We have sat about for most of the day doing nothing much.
At work I wear yellow rubber gloves and inside them I wear thin cotton gloves to soak up any perspiration and help keep my hands a bit warmer,but they soon wear through at the ends of the fingers and thumbs so today I spent ages mending them. I have loads of these gloves because I put a pair on first thing in the morning, a new pair at coffee break and another at lunch . They are then all washed the next day and if I work 2 days in a row or can't get them dry I need another 6 gloves. Tomorrow we hope to go for a ride, H says we will probably go to Holt,it's a nice ride but there is a horrible hill and it's at least 42 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment