Sunday 15 March 2015

Mother's Day

I was up before 6.30 and had tea and toast for breakfast. I put on a load of washing and a load of dishes. H left to join his cycle club for a " club run " and when he left I made no2 sons flapjack for him to take home this evening and also some chocolate brownies. He brought a kilner jar home with a " brownie" kit in it. I just had to beat 3 eggs and melt some butter,then beat in the stuff in the jar, pour into a tin and bake. It's very nice. I then made some raspberry rocks and a load of cheese biscuits. I had only just begun baking when H came back! He had felt unwell and come home again. I had just finished when the door bell rang and daughter and 2 Grandaughters arrived. She gave me a lovely card which I stood beside the one that no2 son gave me. They also gave me an enormous bunch of tulips,they are lovely and there must be at least 40, also bubble bath and a beautiful candle with a bamboo wick which crackles when it's lit. When they left no 2 son took me to the garden centre and bought me a rose bush and 4 other garden plants. We had home made soup for lunch and then no 1 son came round,another lovely card and more plants. I am a lucky mother. Our daughter in law has grown the plants and they are just what I wanted. She said if I write her a list of what else I would like she will get them for me. H had a very small meal because he is still not feeling right, but no2 son and I had a huge Sunday roast and blackberry,apple and custard for pudding. He is getting ready to leave so I must finish this and make sure he has everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment