Wednesday 19 April 2017

Wednesday

I got up at 5.50 after a rough night, I think I was over tired after working all day in the field. I had toast for breakfast and then a coffee. I haven't done much at all today apart from a cycle ride to blow the cobwebs away. Tomorrow I will do all my housework!! We had soup for lunch and for our evening meal we had a beef burger, eggs, chips and peas. My ride was nice, I did 22.8 miles all on my own on my mountain bike in under 2 hours.
I forgot to say yesterday that as Andy and I moved from the leeks to the carrots we could see 3 magpies flapping around something on the ground. All of a sudden they threw it a few inches off the ground and we saw it was a leverit ( baby hare ) so we both ran and managed to scare them off. The poor little thing seemed to be ok and ran into our spring onion bed which is a mass of weeds. The magpies came back a couple of times and wandered around but it was well hidden and they gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment