Thursday 13 April 2017

Thursday.

It was work today so I was up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and made porridge for breakfast. While it was cooking I made a salad for my lunch and a pot of tea. I hung out the washing, dressed etc. and went to work. I had to pick 160 bunches of radishes first then Andrew took me to the leeks and we had to trim all the rest that were lifted. After that he dropped me off at the spring onion bed where I had to do 55 bunches. The men joined me and we then did 4 boxes of loose carrots and 3 boxes of parsnips. Andrew went off after that to push hoe the new beds of beetroot and carrots while Andy and I went to pick 5 boxes of rhubarb. When we finished we went back to the yard to wash and pack everything. The day went quickly and now I don't have to go again till Tuesday. When I got home I had a cup of tea and a bath. Our daughter rang and we had a chat and arranged when we were going round with their Easter eggs. For dinner tonight we had breaded cod with new potatoes, sprouting broccoli and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment