Saturday 24 September 2016

Saturday

We were at the Doctors this morning by 8.25 for our flu' jabs. We were one of the first couples to be called in and were home again by 8.40. We had a coffee and I hung out my washing, H took our mountain bikes out of the garage ready for our ride. He also got his paint out of the garage so he can carry on with his painting of doors on the landing. There are 6 doors, 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom and the airing cupboard. He is painting goth sides so that's equal to 12 doors, so the one he is doing at the moment is 5 down and7 to go. At 10 am we got ready to go out on our bikes. I must say I was dreading it because I haven't been out for 3 weeks because I have had such a bad knee. Well we walked round to the car park at the back of us and offH went, I followed and on my 3 rd push on the pedal with my bad leg I got this searing pain!!! I thought well that's it, there is no way I can ride but there was no sign of H who had gone bombing off expecting me to follow him. Well I thought I had better try to find him even if I had to pedal with one leg. I slowly set off and found that my knee seemed fine and to cut a long story short it is cured!! I think there must have been something slightly out of place and the push on the pedal popped it back. We rode over 23 miles and it's fine I have been wearing a support on my knee for the last 5 days and now I don't need it. We had a shower and our lunch ( corned beef sandwiches and a slice of pineapple.) For dinner tonight we have got Cornish pasties with veg. and apple pie and custard for pudding. I am so happy, I thought I might never be able to cycle again but I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment