Friday 23 September 2016

Day off

We went shopping first thing and after we had unpacked, had a coffee and I had read my tele' magazine,H went out and cleaned the car. When he had done we both spent some time in the front garden doing a big tidy up. Our neighbours went off in their caravan on Thursday morning so we could get stuck in without stopping to make small talk. It all looks much better. I got all my washing dry again and did quite a bit of clearing up inside as well. At 12.30 we popped down to the Marsham Arms for a coffee and I booked a table for the 18 th of November at 7 pm for 12 people. I went in while H sat in the sun on the patio and waited for me to get the coffees. When I came out he asked me if I had booked it and I said yes for ten people. H said ' no its 12 people' so I counted them up on my fingers and said see it is 10 only for him to point out that I had omitted to add him and myself!!! I went straight back in and changed it. This afternoon we watched a cycle race and opened a bottle of wine. We had a nice dinner of beef in ale with a Welsh rearbit and mustard topping. Potatoes and mushrooms. We had English strawberries and cream for pudding but it will be our last this year, they are not at their best any more but it has been a nice long season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment