Monday 18 July 2016

Mon

I was up early because it was too hot in bed. I had my breakfast, packed my marmite sandwiches, 2 nectarines and a bottle of water, slopped on some sun lotion and went to work. I had to pick just 27 bunches of beetroot and then join the men on onions. We had to have 200 bunches and they took till 10.35 to finish. After that I sat on a box and ate one of my sandwiches and a fruit and began to pull-up leeks ready to plant tomorrow. Apart from pulling a dozen bunches of carrots I just pulled up leek plants for the rest of the day. I ate my other sandwich and nectarine at 12.30 with a slug of my water but my bottle was empty by 3 pm and I was so thirsty. I am going to take two bottles tomorrow. When I got home my huge mug of tea was waiting for me. I had a nice cool shower and when I felt human again I cooked dinner. We had quiche, grilled tomatoes and chips, yogurt and melon. I have to work again tomorrow and it's supposed to be even hotter.
H went out on his M T B this morning and got 2 punctures.

No comments:

Post a Comment