Saturday 11 June 2016

Rainy Saturday

It was raining when we woke up this morning to the song of the cuckoo. We went down for breakfast and then we came back to get ready to walk to the supermarket. We bought one or two holiday treats and also a bottle of wine for Linda, the girl in the florists who was so kind and helpful when I lost my bag. It was still raining when we got back so we decided to take a chance on going out in the car and hope there was a space when we came back ( parking spaces are at a premium ). Much to our amazement we managed to find the shop only to find 2 different women in there. I spoke to the older lady who said 'she had no English' so I then asked the young girl about Linda and she, in Dutch, told the old woman who I was. Well great excitement, she got straight on her phone and rang Linda, who turned out to be her daughter. Linda was so excited, ' did you see it? ' she asked me, see what? Your bag on the news on T V she said!!! Her friend had rung her to tell her so she went on line and saw it, she then rang our hotel to tell them but they said the police had already been in touch. She was so excited about it all she wouldn't stop talking. It said on tele that the bag contained an iPad money and documents. Although my poor bag which has been on holiday with me for around 9 years is no more, it sure went out with a bang. Linda's mum was thrilled to bits to meet me, I felt quite famous. We then went into the coffee shop next door for a coffee and an apple turnover ( yummy ) in came Linda's mum  ran on to the two women in there and went out again. The next thing they came over to our table to say they had seen the bomb squad and my bag on T V. so I had to go through it all again. We won't forget this holiday in a hurry. We drove back to our hotel had a freshen up and went down to lunch. We had a beer and I had this fabulous king crab roll. It was king crab with egg mayo, salad and Granny Smith Apple sticks. I chose a dark brown roll and when it was all put together it was one of the best things I gave ever tasted. H had a mushroom and bacon omelette with salad on brown bread and a large beer. When we had finished that the rain hah stopped, the sun had come out and the roads had dried up but we decided not to cycle today so we found a nice spot in the shade and read our books.

No comments:

Post a Comment