Sunday 1 May 2016

Sunday

I was up at the usual time and had a slice of toast for breakfast with my giant mug of tea. I didn't even have a load of washing this morning. We then had a coffee and I read for a while, when H went up to get ready to ride this race thing on his turbo I made a fruit cake. I also prepared our salads ready for lunch, covered them with cling film and put them in the fridge for when he had finished. I then sat in the garden and waited until he had. He rode 100 k so it took a while ( 63 miles ). After lunch we watched   
The tour de Yorkshire ', there was some nice scenery but it looked very cold and bleak on the moors. When it was over we sat in the garden again for a little while, until it was time for me to prepare the vegetables for dinner. We had roast chicken, roast and mashed potatoes, broccoli, batter puddings and gravy. It was all very nice. My boss rang me this evening and said he will want me to work on Wednesday and Thursday next week, we will begin our planting season, and should be starting with cabbages, cauliflowers and possibly a few early leeks. I think I am looking a bit ' pink ' and I can definitely see where my watch has been, I have quite a white mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment