Wednesday 30 November 2016

Wednesday.

I had to go to work today so i did a load of washing and packed a salad for my lunch with a bottle of water. I had a bowl of porridge, made the bed, dressed in loads of layers and off I went. Everything was frozen so we couldn't get on with harvesting right away, instead we went into the greenhouse and pulled up all the tomato plants and dragged them outside. After that packed some turnips that Andy trimmed yesterday. It was then 10 o'clock so we had our break. By then things had thawed a bit so we  trimmed some celeriac and then I went to pick 120 bunches of carrots. The boss said I had to take my lunch with me so I sat on a box in the middle of the field eating a frosty salad washed down with icy water! I then walked to the leeks and trimmed them till I was picked up at 3 to go down to help wash and pack everything. I don't think I can face salad again tomorrow. I soaked in the bath until I had thawed out and then we had dinner. Sausages, fried onions, fried tomatoes 2 fried eggs and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment