Saturday 19 November 2016

Saturday 19th

We had a busy day yesterday,first the weekly shop on from there to my butcher where I ordered the Christmas turkey,sausages, sausage meat,fillet steaks etc etc. before buying loads or meat and pies to fill up the freezer. When we got home I sorted everything out and we had a coffee. No 2 son arrived home safely on Thursday evening so we sat and caught up with him and saw all his lovely photos of Rome and Spain before I made a nice salad for lunch. In the afternoon I started a new book and read a couple of chapters before showering ready to go to the dentist for my six monthly check up. All was ok 👌🏻. When I got home I made us all a cup of tea, H had lemon, son had earl grey and I had a nice strong cup of proper tea! We then all got ready to go out for dinner. We met all the rest of our family at the Marsham arms at 6.45 and all had a lovely meal.it was a lovely evening and the time flew by. We left there at just past 10 pm.
Today has also been good, we all laid in till quite late, had our breakfast and then did nothing much till lunch time. I made soup which was nice ,I put a kale leaf in and it came out a really dark green. As soon as we had finished we went straight off to Cley for a walk, it was great and blew away the cobwebs. We had a coffee before returning home and then it was time for me to cook dinner. We had gammon steak, chips, peas and sweet corn. The gammon was delish! I bought 3 steaks yesterday from my butcher and they were enormous, altogether they weighed 2 lbs 12 ozs. I cut them all in half and they were still big enough. We will be able to have them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment