Tuesday 29 November 2016

Cold day off.

When I got up it was -4 degrees and our grass was white. I stripped the bed and washed it all then did a second load. I had my bowl of porridge and as soon as the sun was up I hung out my washing. We had a coffee and got ready to go out on our mountain bikes. We rode to Aylsham along the track, it was lovely, cold and crisp, not a cloud in the sky and the track almost to ourselves. It was 32 miles. As soon as we arrived home I got the washing in and it was dry!! We had pilchards and beetroot for lunch and I cooked pork slices with mashed potato, cabbage and gravy for dinner. The track was in perfect condition, there were loads of icy places and when we stopped at the river to watch the swans there was a sudden breeze and all the oak leaves came down like confetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment