Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wednesday

I said last Thursday that we took our passports down to the post office to have them renewed. Well just before 8.30 this morning our new ones arrived by courier. How good is that? We are always hearing how bad the passport office is but you couldn't get much faster than that. The only sad thing is the fact that, barring loss, this will be my last one because it runs out when I am 87 and even if I am still alive I won't want to be gadding off to foreign places. We went to the City this morning for H to get a few things. All I got was our daughters birthday present. We both had a coffee in the city, H had a jam do- nut with his and I had a cheese scone with mine. We had another coffee with a cheese and pickle sandwich when we came home and then I cooked some mince, onion, mushroom, tomato, peas and sweetcorn to make a cottage pie for dinner tonight. I am making it big enough to last us for tomorrow as well. Tomorrow I have to go to work and after 8 hours grafting on the land I hate coming home and having to cook dinner. I haven't worked since the 29 th of Febuary so I think it will be hard. I have loved being at home but I hate my purse being empty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment