Monday 7 March 2016

Monday

I was up at 5.50, put on a load of washing, the dishwasher and the kettle and made a pot of tea. Then I packed up 2 cheese and pickle sandwiches with 4 sticks of celery for my lunch and had my breakfast. Then H got up and asked me if I had looked out of the window, no. So I opened the blind to find quite a covering of snow and the temperature was minus 2 degrees c. I decided I didn't really want to go to work, at the age of 77 it's hard to keep warm working outside for 8 hours in minus zero degrees. I rang my boss and he was quite happy, he said there wasn't much to do anyway. So H and I had a coffee and I went up to ride on the turbo trainer. I rode for an hour and 10 minuites and did 21.6 miles. H went next, and after we had both had a shower we had one of my pack up sarnies with a nice cup of hot chocolate ( not my bottle of cold water.) This afternoon no1 son came round with my Mother's Day card and present so we had a nice chat with him and saw the latest photos of the puppy who is growing fast. For dinner tonight we had sausages, oven chips, eggs, baked beans and a slice of nice home made bread........ Our garden in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment