Tuesday 2 December 2014

Tues

Yesterday I had to work but as it was the same as last week it wasn't worth blogging about but you can see where the mundane comes in. However, tomorrow is my birthday ( I will officially be 76 then) and no.1 son and daughter are both coming round bearing gifts so last evening after dinner,shower, Hollyoaks etc.etc. I thought I had better make myself a birthday cake. I made a chocolate sponge which has turned out quite well.   Recipe,,, 4 eggs their weight in marg, sugar and sr.flour. Cream marg and sugar and beat in eggs one at a time ( remember to weigh flour before adding eggs) fold in flour and put mixture into 2 sponge tins(greased) . Put in pre heated oven 180 degrees for around 20 mins. When they are cooked turn onto wire rack to cool. I put mine away last night and made the cream this morning. ......a dollop of Marg ( about 2oz) a couple of table spoons of cocoa powder and enough icing sugar to make it the right consistency. No 2 son is away till the weekend but I am looking forward to seeing him then. The plan was to cycle today but it's raining at the moment so I might have to go tomorrow. When H was 76earlier in the year he rode 76miles on his birthday but I am not doing that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment