Monday 22 December 2014

Holiday

Hooray!! No more work for me till next Monday. I went in today at 8 and only had to do 10 dozen bunches of carrots and 3 boxes of leeks and there was nothing else for me to do. The carrots took longer because the wind had dried the soil out so I had to dig them all up. I finished at 11,30. My boss.gave me a bottle of prosecco,a large tin of nuts, a box of chocolates and a bonus in my Christmas card. How lucky am I . When I got home I ate my packed lunch with a nice cup of coffee and then I watched'White Christmas' it's the first time I have ever seen it!! It was corny but I quite enjoyed it. I forgot to say that yesterday when we were out on our bikes we saw 2 Marsh harriers. The first one was sitting on the branch of a tree and as we rode past it took off so we were really close and had a really good view of it. They are huge, it was a beautiful bird.we carried on for another ten miles or so, went round a sharp bend and another swooped down the road in front of us. We consider ourselves lucky if we see one in a year but to see two in one day and up so close was a real bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment