Tuesday 9 December 2014

Rough ride

This morning after I had hung out the washing and caught up with my ironing ect. H and I decided to use our mountain bikes and go for a ride off road along Marriotts Way. It was minus 1 degree when we left home so quite cold.we had ridden just over10 miles when disaster struck!! I got a stick stuck in my wheel and gears and when I pulled it out my rear mec. Fell to pieces!! H who is a bike genius managed to bodge it up so I could carry on but I then only had one gear for the rest of the ride which made it very hard work for me. However instead of turning round and returning home we carried on with our ride and ended up doing 32miles. It took so long to repair my bike my hands and feet were numb and it took an hour at home to finally get them warm again. We had a chicken and Mayo, sandwich for our lunch and then I had to have a hot mince pie with squirty cream and a glass of wine to get over the traumer!!! We have got chicken stew for dinner tonight with dumplings. I put Sunday's left over chicken into my slow cooker with some vegetables,a squirt of tomato purée,an oxo cube and a few mixed herbs, before we left home and came home to a warm kitchen and an appetising smell. I will add the dumplings 20 mins. Before dishing up,,,,,, Dumplings 4oz sr flour 4 oz suet salt pepper and enough cold water to make a stiff dough. Form into balls( this makes 4) and carefully put on top of stew. Job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment