Monday 13 February 2017

Monday

I have had a really hard day at work. I took a cheese and tomato sandwich for my lunch and wrapped myself up warm ready to spend the day in the field. I had to do 72 bunches of carrots first and 2 boxes of loose ones. Next I had to trim the rest of the leeks that had been lifted, it was 8 and a half boxes. All this took till 12.30 so I had my lunch and then spent the rest of the day strawing the rhubarb bed. The straw is in those huge round bales and so hard to pull loose. I completed the first bale when Andrew joined me. We then spread another 3 before it was time for me to go home and there is 2 left to spread. I was far too hot but unable to take my coat off because the straw gets into all your clothing. The ends of my fingers are really sore too. I am glad I don't have to go tomorrow. We had a chicken curry for dinner tonight, and I have come upstairs to watch my soaps but I don't think I will manage to stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment