Monday 6 February 2017

Monday.

H and I both got up this morning feeling so much better, it's such a relief. We both had breakfast, I did a load of washing and hung it out. We had a coffee and and I did all the ironing up to date. We had another coffee and a hot cross bun and I put on a jacket and spent a couple of hours in the garden doing a bit of weeding. I came in at 1.30 because H had made me a soup in a cup. I also had a banana. I had a shower and washed my hair ready for the hairdressers appointment tomorrow. For dinner tonight we are having a jacket potato with breaded cod, corn on the cob peas and a slice of bread and butter.
When I was young my mum always made loads of jars of jam, bottled plums, gooseberries etc.etc.
Our pantry shelves were always full. In the summer my brothers and I were made to go with her to pick blackberries from the hedgerows all round our fields. She would pay us threepence for each punnet we picked. By the time my brothers had picked a punnet full they were fed up and went off to play but me, being such a money grabber, would never stop till my mum had enough. I would always earn at least a shilling and the big rip off was that my brothers always got a shilling each as well. Mum would make blackberry and apple jam and save a few for a pie, crumble or a Betty. The fields around us were always full of wild mushrooms in September and we picked them each morning before school, we ate loads but any spare my dad would sell on his milk round.

No comments:

Post a Comment